Great reasons to get your Truck Licence through us:
- No waiting period: As an NZ Transport Agency approved course provider you don’t have to wait 6 months from the time you sit your learners licence.
- Learners included if required: We can provide you with introductory training for your learners licence and co-ordinate your test with VTNZ or AA.
- Only the BEST trainers: At Agoge we only employ the very best trainers. This means that all our trainees get practical and insightful training.
- Regular Courses: We offer fortnightly courses in Auckland and Hamilton, and monthly courses in Wellington. Courses for group bookings can be arranged in Christchurch.
- Great Price: From $690 plus GST per course. We offer great value for money.
- New Zealand Owned: We are 100% New Zealand owned and operated.
“truck licencing made easy”
||Call 0508 GET TRAINED now.
When emailing us, please include a phone number and location
||Website booking coming soon
What is a Class 2 or Class 4 licence?
A class 2 truck has a gross laden weight between 6,000kg and 18,000kg, with no more than 2 axles. A class 4 truck has a gross laden weight of more than 18,000kg. As a general rule, if the vehicle has more than two axles, it is probably a class 4.
Am I eligible?
If you have held your Full class 1 for 6 months, you are eligible to sit your Class 2 licence. If you have held your Class 2 licence for 3 months (6 months if you are under 25), then you are eligible to sit your Class 4 licence.
What do I need prior to starting?
You will need to bring a drivers medical with you when you come to this course, which you can get at your GP. You will also need to bring your current photo drivers licence.
What is involved?
Once you have paid your deposit we will send you training material. This material helps you start your learning for the theory part of your licence. Training covers study and testing to gain your full class 2/4 licence. This will include practical driving training and formal driving assessment.
How much does it cost?
The cost of this course is $690 plus GST which includes all the theory training, truck hire, and assessment. Practical training needs vary based on the individual. Class 2 and class 4 courses are separate; however, discounts may apply for return customers.
- If a learner licence is required, the cost is an additional $260 plus GST.
- Course fee includes up to 45 minutes of practical training prior to assessment. If more training is required this will be charged at $150 plus gst per hour.
- Course fee includes the NZ Transport Agency learners licence fee for the initial test. In the event the first test is failed, resit fees are payable by the trainee.
Discounts available contact Agoge to find out if these discounts apply to you:
$100 discount if you already have US24089
All prices in NZD. Deposits and prepayments are non-refundable.
What courses are coming up soon?
Can I have this course added to my record of learning?
Yes. The unit standards are:
- Work Time and Fatigue US 24089
- Operate a rigid vehicle (Class 2) US 17574
- Operate a rigid vehicle (Class 4) US 17576
Please Note - On completion of the course you will receive a course certificate. On its own this certificate is not a licence or endorsement. You must take it to a licensing agent (VTNZ, AA) and have it added to your licence. There is an additional fee for this.